Monday, October 5, 2009

What Are You Watching For?

"O Lord, in the morning you hear my voice; in the morning I prepare a sacrifice for you and watch." -- Psalm 5:3

Every other time that I've read this I've focused on 'in the morning,' but the Holy Spirit allowed it to strike me differently today. Note "I prepare a sacrifice for you and wait."

To prepare a sacrifice means to the sacrifice of praise, the surrender of self, prayers, the encounter with God where we give up ourselves and give Him our best.

Then, "and watch." Two very powerful words. The man who walks with Christ surrenders self, praises God, lifts up prayers, "and watch(es)"

Are you watching for what God is doing in your life, and around you? We should live in profound, eager, excited anticipation of what He is doing, because we've gone to Him, summoned Him, cried out to Him, given up self and taken in renewal of His Spirit, so He will be moving, and it should be the most exciting thing to "to watch."

Prayer is the real work. After we have been with Him, He moves, and we will know what to do next, we will have clear indication. Or if we don't, He'll intercede. He'll just plain take over as needed.

That's what I watch for: Him to take over my attitudes, my circumstances, my daily encounters with others.

God wants to do something powerful in and through you this week. Let's make sure He hears our voices and receives our sacrifices -- and let's watch.

No comments: