Monday, October 26, 2009

Our Monday Choice

It's Monday morning, and you and I have a choice: complain, or conform (to His image).

I'm reading a fine book by James MacDonald, 'Lord, Change My Attitude.' He writes a lot about the complaining of the Israelites, and how it got them stuck in the desert for 40 years.

Numbers 11:1, "And the people complained in the hearing of the Lord about their misfortunes, and when the Lord heard it, His anger was kindled, and the fire of the Lord burned among them and consumed some outlying parts of the camp."

Do you want to be encouraged today and this week, or discouraged? Do you want to be an encourager, or discourager? It will all depend on whether you complain.

If you know Christ, you will spend eternity with our Father in heaven. On earth, you have the Holy Spirit for comfort and counsel. Those combined facts should result in a hardy, "I have no complaint!" from us!

Complaining belittles God because it attacks His sovereignty and shows no faith in His Spirit's guidance. Complaining drags others down. Complaining sets a "me, me, me" tone that is shrill to the ears of all around us and to the heart of God.

Count your many blessings (1 by 1!), I'll count mine, and let's encourage one another, as long as it is called today.

No comments: