Monday, November 23, 2009

Ministering with Laser Focus

Do you believe in a God who is able to re-arrange circumstances and position you to do what He has called you to do? If not, you will never do that thing.

I believe we should all minister with laser focus, seeking to do exactly what God has passionately put on our hearts to do. Do you know what it is? Do you know your spiritual shape? Your shape is your spiritual gifts, heart, ability, personality and experience, which combine to give you more than a very strong clue what you are made to do. (See S.H.A.P.E., Eric Rees with Rick Warren)

Are you telling the leaders of your church and those you know in ministry what is that shape? (Or letting them help you discover it?) Are you seeking to re-arrange (prioritize, focus, train, etc.) in such a way that you can carry out your purpose?

Don’t live a half-hearted cultural Christianity that whines, ‘I think I’d be good at X, but I just can’t seem to find a place to serve.’ Garbage!

Or that whines, ‘I’d serve God more if I just had some special gift, but I don’t.’ You deny the truth of the Word to think such a thing!

YOU were created to consistently make an impact on a lost world in at least one significant way. Search it out. Then act on it. Live with a laser focus. Jesus did. And if you know Him, He lives in -- and through! -- you.

No comments: